Friday 25 February 2011

" A Student Dream...The Graduation Day "


That was year 1997, when my family witness the most fulfilling day of my life. Receiving my college degree as  Bachelor of Science Major in Home Economics and Tourism graduate makes them proud. It was a relief on my part that finally I was able to deliver my commitments to them. Finishing a degree is  really  not that easy.  Every student must know how to face  difficulties. One of them is all about monetary concerns. There comes a time, budget were running out. Examination permit needed  to secure first in order to take the exams. Parents makes their way but fall back will be on student behalf. The feeling of writing a promisory letter is not welcoming. Somehow it lower student morale. I myself was one of them. Being strong entails throwing of inhibition. Asking request and favor should be a cup of tea. I believe being vocal will be more of the positive side rather than negative. Having an optimistic mind will help a lot.
 Temptations consider as one of students failing factor. Peer pressure, Relationship and vices  are one of those. Most of the time, student lost their focus if they are into intimate attachment with somebody or group. Studies supposedly must  be the priority but instead, it was being left out resulting to total failure. I am not saying that this applies to all but majority testify the fact.
The challenge of  subject comprehension , dealing with your instructors, adjusting of class schedule, traffic and pollution  might be a great factor also. Personally, anything that involves numbers really kills my brain. I hate it. Computations, conversions and calculations  surely not my cup of tea. But of course rather than cursing my professor, shifting into a better way of learning means friendship. A way to a proctors heart is to be one of their avid fan. Yes, compliments help. It makes them smile. Traffic is part of our lives. It is a matter of adjustment.
I strongly believe that, " If  theres a will surely theres a way. If theres a lot of reasoning, things will turn into nothing "...
My wish to each and every student who has a chance and privilege to finish their studies. Always bear in your mind. God allocates time for everything. Every step of your way, You have to cherish. Success cannot be achieve within a blink of an eye. Dedication must be a total commitment.
Looking at my parents, as what i recall, They were not perfect. They created mistakes and even failures. But I have to thank them. Because of those imperfection, I was able to mold myself into a productive and responsible person. If not with them, I will be nothing.
Now I have my own family. We have our children growing up. Years will pass, seeing them going up on the stage, receiving their college diploma. Tears of our joy will truly  reflect. I am proud to say that " We did a great Job ".....

No comments:

Post a Comment